On Sunday, September 11, 2011, our community will be participating in the University’s commemoration of the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks. We will be offering a special service of commemoration and reflection as our regular service on Sunday at 7:00 p.m. in the Kay Chapel. Rev. Schaefer will preach a sermon entitled “One Day” and we will be reflecting on that day through worship focusing on Christian hope for the future.
To sign up to help out in our worship service, click here. For more information, e-mail Rev. Schaefer at schaef(at)american.edu.
Below are some resources for reflection, including previous sermons of reflection on September 11.
- One Day (September 11, 2011)
- Hard Lessons (September 11, 2005)
- September 11th (September 11, 2002)
- Disorientation (November 15, 2001)
- A Fount of Tears (September 23, 2001)